donderdag 26 november 2009

"THE TWIN RECORDS"



Hi all,

This is something I'll do more often. The "Twin Records".

The idea for it came to me when recently I was listening to Howlin' Wolfs rare album called "This is Howlin' Wolf's new album. He doesn't like it. He didn't like his electric guitar at first either.".
It contains a version of "Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy", played on an electric guitar, that instantly reminded me of another song. That song was "Got My Finger On Your Trigger" by Slim Harpo, a personal favourite.

The two pieces are so much alike, it's unbelievable.

I tried to find information on both songs, but there's not a whole lot to find.

Slim Harpo's song was put out in 1970, Howlin' Wolfs album was released in either 1968 or 1969. There doesn't seem to be any connection between the two.

Anyways, have a listen and judge for yourself:

Howlin' Wolf- Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy (Electric Version)


Slim Harpo- Got My Finger On Your Trigger

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten